It has taken almost a year but I have finished another charm square quilt! Yay!
I made this quilt to teach at Creative Craft Retreat last year. I got the quilt top all done and took photos for the brochure, but never quite got around to finishing it off before the Retreat. At Retreat I showed the students how to quilt with it and finished most of the quilting but still didn’t get it bound.
So with Craft Retreat almost here for this year, I decided it really needed to be finished.
- This quilt top used a charm square pack plus 1m of extra fabric for sashing and borders.
- The sashing is 2″ wide and the two extra borders are 4″ wide.
- My goal was to have a quilt that was slightly bigger and more difficult than a basic charm square quilt so this quilt had a little more cutting and a little more piecing than the Charm Square Baby Quilt that I also taught at the 2011 Retreat.
- The charm squares are from a fabric line called Botany by Lauren & Jesse Jung for Moda Fabrics. I was short one square so there is one extra fabric in there from another line – can you spot it?
- The finished size is just over 1m square so it could be a kids quilt or a lap quilt.
- It was all machine pieced and quilted with wool batting.