Back at the start of year my good friend, B from BBeingCool wrote her Daily 5. These were the 5 things that she was planning to do each day this year – a much more achievable goal than setting a big list of resolutions for the year ahead.
Now I’m not a big goal setter, generally speaking. In fact I was talking to a friend recently about goals and had to admit that I’ve always had a quiet fear of goal setting. If I set a goal and tell people about it then I may have to actually DO it or risk having to admit that I didn’t do it! In my mind it is easier to just not set the goals to start with.
Really, there are probably a few goals floating gently in the back of my head whether I like it or not. It has taken me a while to realise this. There are things that I want to achieve and they are the reason I do some of the things that I do. Every day.
On the other hand there are things I’d like to do every day and I haven’t made those clear to myself enough.
Here’s where the Daily 5 comes in. Late one night as I scanned social media one last time before bed, I noticed some of B’s friends writing about their Daily 5 and I thought “Hey. I could do that. Right now.” So I did. Here they are.
1. Pray – I aim to pray everyday. It keeps me centred on where God wants me and what He wants me to be doing rather than floating through life on my own whims. I don’t mention my faith much here online but it is important enough to be number 1 on my list.
2. Care – This covers a myriad of things I do everyday. Caring for my family. Caring for my friends. Caring for others that I come in contact with. Caring for the people who read what I write online. Taking care of myself sometimes.
3. Write – I aim to write everyday. Sometimes that is just a little and sometimes it is a lot. I’m learning that writing every day makes me write better and that’s important to me.
4. Stitch – Another thing that keeps me centred and ready to care for those around me is taking a little time to stitch every day. Perhaps it seems silly to some. It is also a way to ensure that I keep creating and that makes me happy.
5. Share – I love to share so this is usually easy. But it is about sharing the hard stuff, the big stuff and the not-so-nice stuff as well as the fun crafty creative stuff. I aim to share more of the big stuff this year.
B has also been writing some posts labelled #DeepSunday so I figure this is my #DeepSunday post.