- Most importantly, the content of your post must be related to crafts. It may be a tutorial or advice on making a particular craft or project. If you’re not sure whether your topic is relevant, please email me.
- I’m not interested in “wrap” type posts that just list links to others people’s crafts.
- I don’t offer payment for posts. Guest posts are only offered to other bloggers and handmade small business owners, not freelance writers for SEO companies or businesses.
- Your post will be shared on my social networks and in my weekly newsletter. You also have the opportunity to include a Bio at the bottom of your post with a link back to your blog.
- It must be a unique post that has not been published elsewhere on the Internet, and will not be published elsewhere.
- By all means link back to a relevant post on your own blog if it makes sense in the text, but please limit links to three.
- No affiliate links please.
- If you can submit your post in HTML, that is ideal. Just write the post in your blog edit screen as you would write any post, then copy the HTML code and email it to me.
- If you can’t access WordPress, please submit a text document instead. If you put hyperlinks in brackets after the word, I can hyperlink them for you in the post.
- You must include at least 2 images of your project.
- Please attach images to your email separately, and indicate in your post if you’d like a particular image in a particular spot.
- If you use headings, please use Heading 2. Alternatively, use bold for your headings and I can format them.
- Text needs to be 300-700 words in length. (Written something longer? Send it anyway and we can talk about editing.)
- Please proof read and spell check your post. I reserve the right to edit posts before I publish them, particularly for spelling and grammatical errors. If there are many errors, I may send it back to you to edit again before publishing.
- Images must be your own.
- The better the images, the more likely I will publish your post.
- Please resize to 500px wide.
- Keep in mind that I pin all posts to Pinterest so an image with your post title on it is great for pinning and sharing. (Not sure how to add the text? Try Canva, Picasa or PicMonkey.)
- Please include a short bio and a photo of yourself.
- Also include a link to your blog or main handmade store – or both if you have them.
- You may also link to your favourite social media hangout – just one social media link please. Readers can find your other social media when they visit your blog or store.
- I will share your Guest Post to all my social media communities and my Weekly Newsletter.
- It would be great if you could share the post to your communities as well.
- I’m sure anyone who leaves a comment would love to hear your answers as well as mine.