Sewing Machine Mat

Here’s the other project I finished on Saturday afternoon – a mat to go under my sewing machine with pockets for bits I need as I sew. The fabric is more of the Jelly Roll I used to make my laptop case, mousemat, sewing machine cover, and zippered bag. I’m still LOVING the fabric! The main pieced panel was leftover from one of my earlier projects, so I added the pocket piece and some wadding and backing.

Make it Yours @ My Backyard EdenLife in the Pitts UndertheTableandDreaming

P.S. Like what you've seen? Subscribe for more crafty News every week!

Don't stress if your comment doesn't appear immediately - sometimes I have to moderate comments thanks to spam visitors, but the comments from real readers will always get published. Scroll down to add your thoughts.

Comments

1. Diana says

love it – looks so much better than my trial blocks from free motion quilting. I have some left over strips – perhaps I could be your guinea pig for a tut on Sat???

2. Jill from Women Who Do It All says

What a good idea! I'm always putting pins everywhere and I've gotta stop doing that before my son learns to crawl! Thanks for sharing!
    -Jill

3. Melissa says

This is brilliant. I wish I could make one but my sewing table has drawers at the front but yours is great! I'm bookmarking.

4. Sherri @ Design2Shine says

This is so clever! I am trying to learn to sew. Bought a simple machine at Christmas. I am determined to learn this year!

5. Lanie Ree says

Those colors look so good together! I am always in awe of people who can sew blankets and quilts. I'm too scared to even try.

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

6. Laura says

What a great idea!

I would love it if you joined my "Saturday is Crafty Day" party on April 24th! Stop by my blog for details.

7. Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says

What a great idea. I love that your put pockets in the front! Pretty fabric too! Useful and beautiful.

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day!

8. michelle@somedaycrafts says

That would be a great and convenient thing to have with my sewing machine! One day……I'll make one!