Sewing Machine Mat

Here’s the other project I finished on Saturday afternoon – a mat to go under my sewing machine with pockets for bits I need as I sew. The fabric is more of the Jelly Roll I used to make my laptop case, mousemat, sewing machine cover, and zippered bag. I’m still LOVING the fabric! The main pieced panel was leftover from one of my earlier projects, so I added the pocket piece and some wadding and backing.

Make it Yours @ My Backyard EdenLife in the Pitts UndertheTableandDreaming

Like what you've seen? Subscribe for more crafty News every week!

Don't stress if your comment doesn't appear immediately - sometimes I have to moderate comments thanks to spam visitors, but the comments from real readers will always get published. Scroll down to add your thoughts.

Comments

1. Peter and Kay says:

love it, love it, love it! please post the tutorial soon..I would like to make one!

2. love it – looks so much better than my trial blocks from free motion quilting. I have some left over strips – perhaps I could be your guinea pig for a tut on Sat???

3. What a great idea!!! So creative! I wish I knew how to sew :) Thanks for linking up to Ta-dah Tuesday!

4. How pretty! I would be running back to sew if I had one of these.
    So CUTE!

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

5. Jill from Women Who Do It All says:

What a good idea! I'm always putting pins everywhere and I've gotta stop doing that before my son learns to crawl! Thanks for sharing!
    -Jill

6. This is brilliant. I wish I could make one but my sewing table has drawers at the front but yours is great! I'm bookmarking.

7. Sherri @ Design2Shine says:

This is so clever! I am trying to learn to sew. Bought a simple machine at Christmas. I am determined to learn this year!

8. Carrie @ Dittle Dattle says:

This is very clever! I need one

9. Lanie Ree says:

Those colors look so good together! I am always in awe of people who can sew blankets and quilts. I'm too scared to even try.

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

10. What a great idea!

I would love it if you joined my "Saturday is Crafty Day" party on April 24th! Stop by my blog for details.

11. Cindy's Crafty Creations says:

oh oh oh…i love it! I need the tutorial :) lol

12. Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

What a great idea. I love that your put pockets in the front! Pretty fabric too! Useful and beautiful.

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day!

13. michelle@somedaycrafts says:

That would be a great and convenient thing to have with my sewing machine! One day……I'll make one!

14. Little Foots says:

That's a great idea! I need one of those. Great Job!

15. What a great use for a Jelly Roll, it looks great!

16. very cool! I really like the fabric! :)

17. Stephanie Lynn says:

Great idea! I could really use one of these!

18. What a great idea! I really must make something like this for my sewing room!