A few weeks ago I shared this wreath tutorial over at Just Made That Way. With Christmas just around the corner, these are a great way to keep the kids busy and you could use them as decorations on gifts too.
These are quick and easy, and a great craft for the kids. You could hang them on the tree, use them as a decoration on a present, or give them as gifts to teachers or friends.
What You’ll Need:
- beading wire – about 25cm – I used 24 gauge but slightly heavier would work too
- assorted beads – I used 7 red & 7 green plastic tri-beads plus 28 little gold round beads
What To Do:
- Cut your wire to about 25cm and band a little hook in one end (so those beads don’t fall off!)
- Start threading on your beads. I alternated red and green beads with two gold beads in between them, but you could choose any colours.
- Once your beads are threaded, twist the wire into a circle. (Make sure you’re happy with the size. Add more beads if you want to.)
- Slip the long end of the wire through the little loop and make sure the circle of beads is tight. Twist the wire a couple of times to secure it.
- Make the long end into a loop to hang.
- You could add a ribbon bow or make the wire short and tie on a ribbon to hang your decoration if preferred.
I’m a novice beader but these are easy enough even for me!
Do you bead? Any tips for projects to tackle next?