Kids grow quickly. They seem to only wear clothes for a season and by the next season they don’t fit anymore.
So as we finished Winter here in Oz, I looked at Mr Happy’s jeans. They had a hole in the knee. Quite a big hole.
(How do boys do this? My Little Miss doesn’t put holes in her jeans. Sigh.)
They probably won’t fit next Winter. He’s getting taller by the day I think.
So I decided to make them into shorts. The easiest shorts I’ve ever made.
What you’ll need:
- Old jeans that still fit around the waist
What to do:
- Lay the jeans out flat – iron if you really have to. (I didn’t)
- Decide how short you want your shorts to be. I used the hole as my length.
- Chop off the “damaged” leg straight across.
- Fold the cut leg over on top of the other leg and use it as a guide to chop off the second leg.
- Throw them through the wash to fray the ends a little.
- If you don’t want the frayed look, you could hem them.
So there you have it. The tutorial to make the shorts that are so easy you don’t really need a tutorial! But maybe it will give a little inspiration for those old jeans at the back of the drawers.