If you shop on Madeit, you may have noticed some changes lately in the way that stores look. There are more things to click on now and they are in different places! So here’s a quick run down so you can find all the great stuff behind those pictures!
The Madeit Store Header
At the top is the header. Most stores have uploaded a custom header with their name or logo or a pretty picture on it. My Madeit header is kind of like my blog header. It includes my logo which I made over at Logo Garden.
Tip for Sellers: If you do have an online presence other than your Madeit store, it makes sense to use a similar image and colours for all your “places”. It helps people recognise you when they come across you somewhere else. This can include Facebook headers, blog headers, Pinterest profile pictures and the new Twitter header.
I’ve numbered a few sections in the image above so I can explain them better for you.
- The unique URL for the store – if you want to share a store with a link, you can copy that URL. (You can also see the Items tab which is the page you will be on by default when you go to a store. You can see all the items there.)
- About tab – this will take you to the page about the store. Most sellers include information about themselves, what they make, perhaps where they live and where else you might find them online.
- Policies tab – this will take you to a page that explains any store policies you need to be aware of. These might include shipping information, payment information, and so on.
- Feedback tab – On this page you can read all the feedback that has been left for this store by people who have bought from them.
- Email Seller tab – this will take you to a page where you can send the store owner a message, perhaps to ask a question about an item or order something special.
- Favourites tab – This shows you items and stores that this store owner has added to their Favourite list.
- Welcome message – This is a message written by the store owner. It might be about a special event or sale.
Madeit Store Items Tab
The main tab that you’ll see when you go to a Madeit store is the Items tab. Here you can all the items for sale, plus some other interesting things.
- To the left you can see the store name and to the right a Welcome message from the store owner.
- Store Categories – these are created by the store owner to help you find items you might be looking for.
- Information and stats about the store
- Feedback – how many comments they have received and how positive they are
- How many items are currently in the shop
- How many items they have sold
- How long they have been a member
- Where they are located
- Some links to click are next:
- Add the store to your favourites list
- Email the seller
- Tell a friend
- Search the shop in this next section – perhaps for a colour or size
- Sharing buttons to share the store on social media
Tips for Sellers: You can customise the Welcome message in your Madeit Dashboard. Go to the Store Information section and fill in the Store Announcement. You can also upload your store banner there – mine is 950 x 200 pixels.
So much information about stores but really the high point is the items they have for sale! Happy Shopping!