As we come to the end of the school year for our kids here in Australia, we start to get those inevitable requests to “bring a plate”. It is the season of end of year parties and break-up events for the various sports and activities they have done during the year.
Sometimes the messages include instructions on the types of food or drink required, and other times they are completely open-ended and vague. I must admit I sometimes prefer the specific requests so that I have a little direction!
Last week, my Little Miss needed to bring “fruit, chips or dips” for her class party. Being an organised group, the girls had actually talked in class about what they would bring so that there would be no double ups – I was impressed!
She requested Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and I was happy to buy the supplies. I think she thought I’d be making them but REALLY! These are easy enough for a 12-year-old to make herself!
What You Need
- Strawberries – we used two punnets and smaller rather than larger will be better
- Chocolate – we used choc melts
What To Do
- Wash the strawberries and trim off the top to create a flat base to stand them on.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-proof jug or bowl: Microwave chocolate for 1 minute uncovered on high, then stir. Repeat until melted and smooth.
- Dip each strawberry in the chocolate to coat it. Hold it above the bowl until it stops dripping then sit into a storage container.
- Cover and store in the fridge to set the chocolate.
More Christmas Strawberry Ideas
– click pictures to read more