You might have noticed that I have a page called “Blogging tips”. They are bits and pieces I have learnt along the way, and links to places where I have found useful information.
Today I updated my Blogger profile and thought there might be someone out there who would like to know how to…
From your dashboard, you can see an option to “Edit profile” in the lefthand sidebar. Clicking on that will take you to the page to do your updates. You can choose various changes there.
- I choose not to display my real name, but I do share my profile so people can see the info I want to share.
- I choose which of my blogs are public – I have a personal one that I don’t share.
- I choose not to show the HUGE list of blogs that I follow.
- I share my email address so that when I leave a comment, other bloggers can send me an email response.
- You can change the name that appears at the bottom of your blog posts.
- You can add your photo, or an audio clip
- You can add your birthday or your homepage URL or your IM username, among other things.
- I show that I live in Queensland, Australia.
- I could fill in lots of other stuff about myself but I haven’t got around to it!
So it is a good idea to check your profile every now and again, and make sure that you are sharing all the information you want your readers to know – and not sharing extra things accidentally!
oh awesome – I always wondered how to hide the embarrassingly long list of blogs I follow! I'll be coming back to have a look at your other tips for sure 😀