Over at SITS they are having a Back to Blogging event. (It actually started on Monday but since I’m in Australia instead of the US, I figure I can get away with my Tuesday matching their Monday!) I also thought this would be a nice way to review since I’ve just posted my 300th post (yes, 300!!!)
The first challenge is to re-upload the first post you ever put on your blog.
So here’s mine:
There are so many projects from my past that its hard to know where to start!
These are a collection of bags I made around Christmas time last year.
The lower right one is a library bag for my daughter who started Prep this year and had to have one. Very simple: book fabric folded over and hemmed plus a handle.
Then the upper right one is a Christmas present made from a Moda Sweet Roll. I hadn’t used them before but loved how quickly it came together. I got 2 bags plus some leftover for another day from the one roll, so pretty happy.
The last one was a Christmas-sy bag for Little Miss. It’s only small and hangs on the door handle perfectly. She carried it everywhere over the holiday period so it was a hit.
It turned out to be a great project to practice free-motion quilting too:-)
So what have I learned since then…
- These days I would have split my bags over three posts so that I could write more details about each. Blogging has encouraged me to work on my writing skills.
- My new camera takes much better photos than these 😉 But blogging has encouraged me to work on my photos
- I use larger photos now. I’ve learnt that I like to see details of projects on other blogs so I try to do that on my blog.
- I have a cute little signature now – that I made very easily at mylivesignature.com
- Now I would have linked out to the Moda site somehow to show Sweet Rolls. I’ve learnt that sharing information about what I’ve done is great, but giving places to go for more information is helpful too – and I love that the blogging community is often about sharing and helping.
- I still don’t use my kids names and I still think its important to be careful about sharing personal identity information. I’m glad I started that way.
So if you’re a blogger, what have you learnt since you started? What things do you do differently in a post now? I’d love to hear your comments!
Hi Crafty Mummy!! I've hopped here from SITS…I thought it would be nice to go visit some of the bloggers who posted later in the day, like myself and share some love! :>
I really like your bags! I have been lucky enough to receive several bags from a close friend who sews. She has given me a great shopping bag (and made another two for my wee girl in smaller sizes to be like Mama) and one of her quilted bags as well. If you're interested in seeing them, they are under the 'sewing' tag. I see quite a few different creative tags on your blog as well. I'll have to poke around here some more! :>
Hope your week is off to a great start! :>
Thanks for dropping by, Karen. I've been visiting other bloggers too and the talent is fabulous!