My kids seemed to get an inordinate number of cards from school this year! Lots and lots of them! I think many kids gave a card to every child in the class so that none would feel left out. Many of them also came with a candy cane, chocolate, stickers or some other little gift. My kids were feeling pretty lucky each afternoon as they munched!
With all these cards lying around, I decided to do a little decorating – and keep them from forming piles all around the house! Luckily just as I made the decision, a parcel of products for me to try arrived! I hadn’t seen Scotch 3M Restickable Mounting Tabs before but I have used their hooks a lot around the house so I was confident they would work for this. I created a Christmas Card Tree on the kitchen wall.
I laid all my cards out on the floor first to check my design – just rows of cards getting wider to form a tree shape, then a couple at the bottom to make a trunk. Then I applied the adhesive and put them on my wall. The whole job took less than half an hour. I had to move a couple to get my rows right, but the tab just peels off the wall and then re-sticks. The hold is actually quite strong so you would need to be gentle when peeling lighter weight papers so that you didn’t tear them. These would be great for artworks and posters though, especially the ones that kids want to change often.
I know you want to know whether they came down cleanly, so I did a little test run a couple of days later. No problems at all. All the tabs just peel back off the wall and the cards. Yes, I had to be a little careful not to tear the cards, but that is still better than trying to get sticky tape back off them after they’ve been hung up somewhere. At my house, these tabs will be replacing products like Blu-tack I think – less “sticky mess” potential!
The Tabs are a double-sided adhesive that you can reposition on your wall and wash to reuse when they lose their stickiness. They come in strips, sheets and tabs but are easy to cut if you need them smaller. I cut some strips into tabs for hanging these cards. They are just like using double-sided tape: peel off one layer and stick to your item, then peel of the backing and stick to the wall. Quick and easy!
A few details for those who want to know:
- The Scotch 3M Restickable Tabs are sold at Officeworks and Bunnings stores
- Recommended Retail Price is $4.95
- They peel off walls cleanly and can be washed and reused multiple times
This Giveaway is now Closed – Thanks to everyone who entered
I have one full set of Restickable Tabs to give away, plus 20 sample packs to send to the first 20 Australian entries that don’t win. That’s lots of prizes!
To enter, leave me a comment on this post telling me about your Christmas cards – do you make cards? did you receive lots of cards? do your kids give a little gift with their cards to school friends – if so, what is it? how do you display your cards? what do you do with your cards after Christmas?
The Fine Print:
- Only one entry per person
- You must leave a valid email address for me to contact you for a valid entry
- Only open to Australian residents – apologies to my overseas readers
- Entries open with this post on Friday 21st December 2012 and close on Friday 4th January 2013 at 8pm Brisbane time
- The winner will be chosen by me from the valid entries and contacted before 7th January.
- If the winner doesn’t contact me, after 7 days I will choose a new winner.
- Once I have been in contact with the winner, I will announce the winner and send out your prize.
- I can’t take responsibility for any issues in the delivery process.
- The 20 sample packs will go to the first 20 entries that are not the winner. I will email each of these entrants after the winner is confirmed to get mailing details (so please do not put your mailing details in your comment for the world to see)
- If there are less than 20 entries eligible for the sample packs, I will decide how to distribute those packs to other entries when the time comes depending on how many there are left over. Rest assured, they will go to eligible entrants and not be kept by me.