I love being a stay at home mum! I know this is not possible for every mum, and there are many Mums who are keen to go back to working outside the home but I love the opportunity that working from home gives me to set my own schedule and spend time at school with my kids. At this time of year, my kids are doing lots of Christmas crafting at school so when I was invited to help out one afternoon in the classroom, it was right up my alley.
The class were making these Christmas reindeer biscuits – cookies for my international readers – and had an absolute ball making them. I really only had to supervise and make sure they washed their hands. I was so fascinated to see that some kids did exactly as described, but others just HAD to try out variations – multicoloured eyes, “special” antlers and extra details like a mouth. I snapped some pictures on my phone and here’s the ingredient list in case you want to have a go with your kids.
Ingredients for Reindeer Cookies
- Store bought biscuits or cookies – we used Arnott’s Chocolate Ripples but any sweet biscuits would work
- Chocolate icing
- Brown chocolate melt – for the nose base
- Jaffa lolly – for the red nose – “glue” this on with a dab of icing
- Small white chocolate melts – for the eyes
- Coloured icing – for eye details – we used small tubes of decorating icing
- Pretzels – broken into pieces for antlers