About a month back I joined the 30 Day Crochet Challenge. It has been fun!
I really was keen to learn about Corner to Corner – C2C – crochet and this was the perfect way to do it.
The video tutorial was really well done – not too fast, not too slow; plenty of clear explanation of the stitches; and clear footage of the tutor’s hands as she actually crocheted the stitches. Everything you needed to know to complete the entire project was covered.
Then there was the super supportive Facebook group where we could chat about our progress and give each other help. The tutor, of course, was in there as well to explain to anyone who needed more help. One lovely lady even took photos of her crochet step-by-step to help a fellow student! Some of us were experienced crocheters and others had never crocheted before but it didn’t matter.
Here’s my C2C project so far:
As we come to the end of our 30 days on this project, the next 30-day challenge has just been announced. We will be making a crochet Summer Market Bag.
The 30 Day Challenge for this project is finished but you can still get the class here.
What I love about this project:
- starting something new!
- making something I can actually use – you can never have too many bags
- making something I haven’t tried before – I have never crocheted a bag
- learning some new stitches – a challenge is good
- making a small enough project to finish quickly
- creating something that could be a gift for someone – if I love it, I can another one before Christmas
So if you’re wanting to learn something new or start a new project with a group of enthusiastic supporters, this might be the crochet class for you.
You will get access to
1. A pattern and professionally filmed step-by-step video tutorial
2. An expert crochet instructor – your instructor will be there to answer questions and help you if you get stuck.
3. The Ideal Me Crochet Community – meet like-minded people and chat about your progress.
4. The Essential Crochet Skills Video Library – packed with over 30 step-by-step crochet tutorials from the Crochet Beginner Series of videos to more creative stitches like moss stitch and herringbone stitch.
5. Participation in monthly crochet prize packages– yarn, kits, needles and prizes from We Are Knitters, Wool & The Gang, Knitting Tree L.A and more.
6. Discounts and savings on yarn – save money every month on your yarn and tools by using the coupon codes and exclusive discounts in the Members’ Area.
This month’s challenge will kick off on July 9, 2017.