One of my babies was born coming into Winter and I remember how worried I was about keeping them warm. So this next baby gift is perfect for new babes arriving soon. You could easily team it with the baby sheets and singlet that I shared yesterday.
What You’ll Need
- Two large squares of flannel fabric – mine were about 112cm square
- Usual sewing equipment
What To Do
- Lay the two squares right sides together and pin.
- Sew around the square about 1cm in from the edge. Leave a gap on one side of about 3-4cm for turning through.
- Clip the corners and turn through.
- Stitch around again about 2mm from the edge to create a neat top stitch.
- Use a knitting needle or skewer to gently push the corners through neatly.
- I used two different fabrics on mine – a pattern and a plain – but you could use the same on both sides.
- For a lighter weight version, use only one layer of flannel. Stitch a hem to hide the raw edge and you’re done!