With Father’s Day on the way here in Australia, I’ve been thinking of possible manly gift ideas. This one would be perfect! It is using some more of the lovely felt provided by Plushka’s Makery. Sew this felt phone case in less than half an hour!
What You Will Need
- Felt – 10″ x 3.5″ (25.5 x 9cm)
- Sewing machine and usual sewing supplies (thread, pins, scissors, pinking shears)
What To Do
- Fold the felt in half lengthways and pin.
- Sew up each side to create a pocket. I sewed a second line of stitching just inside the first.
- Slip your phone in and make sure it is a nice snug fit and won’t fall out. You could add an extra row of stitching if needed to make it tighter.
- Trim the edges with pinking shears (optional)
- The beauty of felt is that it won’t fray so the pinking is for looks not to stop the edge from fraying.
- You could decorate your case with stitching or applique before you sew it into a pocket.
- I used contrasting white thread but if you don’t want the thread to be obvious, match your thread to the colour of your felt.
- You could adjust the size to fit any phone – this one fits my iPhone 4S (32G). The easiest way to find the new measurements is to wrap the felt around the phone leaving about 6mm for seams.
Thank you to Plushka’s Makery for the gift of felt to make this project.