Want a super quick Christmas ornament for the tree or a special gift? This beaded angel is perfect! It uses only a handful of beads but looks so pretty. The key is the large glass heart bead that is turned upside down for the odd of the angel. I’m already imagining a second lovely angel with a green heart and silver wings instead of gold.
What You Need
- Large heart-shaped bead – mine is about 25mm each way
- Large wings – mine are 44mm gold
- Large pearl bead – mine is 10mm
- Sparkly spacer bead for halo – mine is 8mm
- Beading wire – about 20cm
- Seed beads – enough for make a row of about 3cm
- Crimp bead to finish
What To Do
- Thread 3cm worth of seed beads onto the wire. Clip a peg on the other end of the wire to stop them falling off.
- Carefully bring the ends of the wire together and thread the other bead over the two ends together in this order: Spacer (halo), pearl (head), wings (be careful to check which way they go), and heart (pointy end first).
- Gently pull all the beads tight then add the crimp bead and crimp to keep them in place.
- Trim the excess wire.
- I found the hole in the heart bead was quite large so I had to add an extra seed bead to stop the crimp bead going into the heart.
- You could make these even quicker if you skipped the seed beads and just looped the wire into the hanging shape then added the larger beads.
- I have put together an Amazon widget with the beads you need but I couldn’t find the large wings on there today, so the linked wings are a smaller size. You could use slightly smaller pearl and heart beads to match smaller wings.