Last week, my Little Miss wanted to buy a ribbon wand. It was basically a stick with a ribbon attached and they were charging $15 for them. I suggested we could make one instead. So here’s a tutorial so you can make your Little Miss one too!
What you’ll need:
- Stick or dowel, about 30cm long – I found a pack of 10 at Spotlight for $3.50
- Ribbon – I bought a roll that was 1.8m but longer would have been fine too. Mine was about 3cm wide. $4
- Glue – I used a hot glue gun.
What to do:
1. Glue the ribbon to one end of the stick. Then start wrapping the ribbon around and up the stick.
2. Keep wrapping, adding a drop of glue every couple of wraps to hold the ribbon in place. Keep it nice and firm, and cover the whole stick.
3. When you get to the other end of the stick, glue it well.
4. Unroll the rest of the ribbon and cut the end into a V shape to stop fraying. You could use Fray Stop on the end.
5. Give it to your Little Miss to twirl!
I’ll be adding this tutorial to my Tutorials Page. Look out next week for a patchwork tutorial.