I often find myself out and about and needing a notebook to write something down or give details to someone. So I’ve been wanting to make these little notebooks for a while now. Mind you, now that I’ve made them, I think I’ll pop them into my present stash! They’d be the perfect gift for a little girl’s birthday along with a packet of pencils or pens and a cute bag.
What You Need:
- Cardstock for the cover – mine is 12″ x 3.5″ (30cm x 9cm)
- Paper for the pages – I used 5 sheets of A4 copy paper cut down to 3″ x 5.25″ pieces (7.5 x 13.5cm)
- Stapler, Scoring tool, Corner rounder
What To Do:
1. Cut your pieces to size. My sizes are above, but you could adjust them for a smaller or larger notebook. Remember to make your pages smaller than your cover.
2. On the back of your cardstock, score a line about 1″ (2.5cm) from one end. Then score another line 5.25″ (13.5cm) from the other end. My cardstock is double-sided so the back is a plain colour.
3. Round the corners.
4. Fold both ends in.
5. Sit the pages into the inch fold and staple them in place about a quarter inch (6mm) from the edge.
6. Tuck the larger flap under the smaller flap to close.
I found I could make 3 notebooks out of each sheet of cardstock with a little leftover. I turned the leftover bits into a couple of bookmarks.