My boy, aka Mr Happy, went to a birthday party last weekend – an Indiana Jones Party. Very Cool!! As part of the party games they made necktie snakes. Perfect boy craft: quick, easy, not too messy, and relatively cheap to boot.
Mummy C had bought a handful of old neck ties from an op shop for a couple of dollars and collected together the rest of the bits and pieces before the party. The boys had a ball stuffing and decorating their snakes!
What You Need:
- two eyes
- felt for the tongue
- cushion filling
- craft glue
What To Do:
- Stuff the necktie with filling – our boys didn’t fill the whole ties (It was too tricky and they kind of lost interest!) A pencil or a ruler can help get the filling in.
- Glue eyes and tongue onto the “head” – my boy chose a big eye and a little eye (?!)
- Tie knots in the left over end of the tie – think rattle snake!
- Optional: you could stitch the opening closed
A few more ideas
(in case you’re planning an Indiana Jones Party)
- The cake included Lego figures from the Indiana Jones Lego
- The party bags included skulls, snakes and Lego figures
- There was some Indiana Jones Lego colouring-in pages
Favourite Uncle says
And when you want everybody to leave you just roll a giant boulder at them!
Hmmm… Great idea! Perhaps you can have an Indiana Jones Lego party for your boys one day, Favourite Uncle!
(Note for other readers: He’s my baby brother. He is joking. Really. I hope!)
Clever Mummy C!
She is clever, isn’t she?!