Make the cutest mini Button Pumpkin for your Halloween decorating. They’d be perfect for table decorations or party favors.
We don’t really celebrate Halloween here at Crafty HQ, but my social media channels have been overwhelmingly filled with crafts related to Halloween for a couple of weeks now.
So today I got inspired.
And I LOVE the results!!
This is one of those little projects that turned out so CUTE!
How to Make Pumpkins with Buttons
What You Need
- Orange buttons – I used three or four per pumpkin
- Thin beading wire – mine is green, about 10cm per pumpkin
What To Do
1. Choose your buttons. I started with the largest one I could find in my collection then matched it with a smaller one for the base and two gradually smaller ones for the top of the pumpkin. I found a bag of mixed sizes but all orange at my local Spotlight.
2. Cut a piece of wire about 10cm long and thread the buttons onto it starting with the top button.
3. Fold the wire and thread it up from the bottom of the buttons through another hole. If your buttons have four holes, choose two holes diagonally opposite each other.
4. Pull the wire tight and wrap it around itself a couple of times to secure it on top of the pumpkin.
5. Loop the ends back down into the holes and pinch to bend and hold in place. (I know pumpkins don’t really have “leaves” on top and these kind of look like leaves, but let’s just go with it!) You could twist the loops together to create a more solid stem for your pumpkin if you’d like.
Done! I made a few pumpkins – each a little different but all cute.
These would make cute table decorations or they could adorn a mini mantel piece. Perhaps your kids need to add some pumpkins on the porch of the Barbie house!
I’ll be matching them with another mini button Halloween icon tomorrow to create a coffee table board game so stay tuned.