Make a cute mini Button Witches Hat with this quick tutorial. They’d be cute for Halloween decorating or parties and so easy to create.
These Witches Hats have been a big hit at our place! You might remember yesterday I shared my mini Button Pumpkins. I also made these mini Witches Hats from black buttons and a teeny tiny orange seed bead. They are super cute!
Right now my kids are using them as poker chips (Gasp! No, I don’t encourage gambling but I do encourage playing games with each other.) They have mostly been using them to play Pumpkins and Witches Hats though – think Noughts & Crosses with a Halloween twist. They even roped in CraftyDaddy last night after dinner and he got beaten every time. Poor guy!
Make your own Button Witches Hats
What You Need
- Black buttons – large one for the base and gradually smaller ones for the hat – I used 6 or 7 for each of my hats
- Small round black bead – mine is about 2mm – 1 for each hat
- Orange seed bead – 1 for each hat
- Very fine wire – about 12cm
What To Do
1. Cut a piece of wire about 12cm long.
2. Thread on the orange seed bead and fold the wire in half with the bead in the middle.
3. Thread both ends of the wire through the small back bead.
4. Start threading your buttons starting with the smallest one.
5. Continue threading on the buttons, putting one piece of wire through each hole. For buttons with four holes, I chose two holes diagonally opposite each other.
6. Finish with the largest button. This is the brim of the hat so I chose one quite a bit larger than the rest of my buttons.
7. Pull the buttons tight then thread the ends of the wire back up through the other hole.
8. Pull the thread out between the brim and the next button. Pull the wire tight and trim the ends. (You can just see the ends of my wire in the photo above. If you can’t trim close enough, tuck those little ends back between the buttons.
Like my Button Pumpkins, these mini Witches Hats would be cute decorations on a table for a Halloween party. Or perhaps you could give them out to trick-or-treaters instead of candy?
Check out my mini Button Pumpkins here:
Also my collection of Halloween Jokes for Kids: