Anything with buttons just says “crafty” to me!
Plus I have quite a stash that I’ve collected over the years.
So when I needed some simple gifts for a group of crafty ladies, it had to be something with buttons.
Remember the Paperclip Angels I shared a couple of weeks ago? They are so easy to make with butterfly paperclips.
For these crafty Button paperclip Angels, I switched out the fine ribbon for simple twine, and the beads for buttons!
Don’t they look different with such a simple change?! I think I might even like these better than the original angels!
What You Need
- Butterfly paperclip
- Twine or string – about 25cm
- Red buttons – try for one with slightly larger holes to make threading easier
What To Do
- Fold the twine in half and loop it through the paperclip “body”.
- Thread the two ends through the loop and pull tight. (See picture above from original tutorial)
- Using the picture as a guide thread one end of the twine through the back of the button then back through the diagonally opposite hole.
- Do the same with the other piece of twine, creating a cross on the front of the button.
- Carefully slide the button down towards the paperclip.
- Finally tie the two ends of the twine in a knot to secure them and create a loop for hanging.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to make your shopping easier.
Terri Ann says
This is just too stinkin cute! very clever to use buttons instead of beads. I’m sure the ladies will love them. I’ve jsut started collecting buttons, well rather storing them in the same spot all together instead of piles all over the place. I may just have to give this a try!