Anything with buttons just says “crafty” to me!
Plus I have quite a stash that I’ve collected over the years.
So when I needed some simple gifts for a group of crafty ladies, it had to be something with buttons.
Remember the Paperclip Angels I shared a couple of weeks ago? They are so easy to make with butterfly paperclips.
For these crafty Button paperclip Angels, I switched out the fine ribbon for simple twine, and the beads for buttons!
Don’t they look different with such a simple change?! I think I might even like these better than the original angels!
What You Need
- Butterfly paperclip
- Twine or string – about 25cm
- Red buttons – try for one with slightly larger holes to make threading easier
What To Do
- Fold the twine in half and loop it through the paperclip “body”.
- Thread the two ends through the loop and pull tight. (See picture above from original tutorial)
- Using the picture as a guide thread one end of the twine through the back of the button then back through the diagonally opposite hole.
- Do the same with the other piece of twine, creating a cross on the front of the button.
- Carefully slide the button down towards the paperclip.
- Finally tie the two ends of the twine in a knot to secure them and create a loop for hanging.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to make your shopping easier.