In March 2015, the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre at Southbank plays host to the Stitches and Craft Show. This show is always worth the time with hundreds of stands and so much to look at. It also caters to all kinds of crafting – perfect for a crafty mummy like me who likes to dabble in lots of different things! There is always plenty of fabric and quilting related stands but there are also scrapbooking and yarn and paper and beads and so much more. The Show runs from March 19 to 22 (that’s Thursday to Sunday) and is open each day from 10am to 4:30pm.
Here are my “Top 5 Reasons” why you really don’t want to miss out on this show.
1. Learn with Fabulous Classes
For me the greatest incentive is always about learning new things or expanding my skills, and the Stitches and Crafts Show is a great place to learn. There are demonstrations and classes that you can get involved in to learn everything from jewellery making and quilting to scrapbooking and embroidery. Some of these classes and workshops involve a small cost and perhaps pre-booking, but some of them are free with your entry to the show. There are even activities for the kids. See the complete list of classes with times and booking information here.
2. Amazing Quilt Display
Studio Art Quilt Associates has a display of 50 art quilts from internationally renowned quilters. These quilts travel the world to different shows and will be a highlight of the event if you’re into fabric and textiles. I love being inspired by lovely quilts online but there is something very special about being able to see quilts up close. I find it fascinating to see how quilts are quilted and those tiny stitches are never very clear in photographs so seeing a display is always a drawcard for me. Get a little peek at the quilts here.
3. See New Products
There are always new products being released in the crafting world whether it is new sewing machines, fabrics, threads or dies for cutting machines. Having so many displays and stands from so many companies al in one place gives a great opportunity to catch up on new products and often see them being used as well. The friendly staff are always willing to answer questions and I find I go home with a bunch of business cards to look up later as well.
4. Bring a Handmade Poppy
The 5000 Poppies Project will have a special display wall at the Show where you can add your poppy to the collection. This incredible project aims to collect 5000 handmade poppies to commemorate 100 years since the landing of the ANZAC soldiers at Gallipoli and I believe they have already collected that many and more.
Read more about the 5000 Poppies Project at their website and find free patterns to create your contribution.
Who could forget the opportunity for shopping!? Many companies who have a booth at the Show offer special discounts just for those couple of days so there are always bargains to be found. Plus having so many stands in one place is so convenient.
Your Chance to Win Tickets
Now that I’ve convinced you that you need to check out the Brisbane Stitches and Craft Show from March 19 – 22, 2015, I can offer you the chance to win a ticket!
I have TWO Family Passes to the Brisbane Show to give away. These entitle the holder to Single Day Entry for 2 adults and 2 children valued at $40 each.
To enter tell me in 50 words or less what you would most like to see at the Show and why. You might want to pop over to the Show website to check out more information.
- Only one entry per person.
- This is a game of skill, not chance. You must answer both parts of the question for a valid entry – 1. what you would most like to see? and 2. why? I am looking for creativity and unique answers.
- You must leave a valid email address for me to contact you for a valid entry.
- Only open to Australian residents – apologies to my overseas readers.
- Entries open with this post on Monday 23rd February 2015 and close on Saturday 28th February 2015 at 8pm Brisbane time.
- The 2 winners will be chosen from the valid entries and contacted via email before midnight Tuesday 3rd March 2015.
- If any winners don’t contact me, after 4 days I will choose a new winner to replace them.
- Once I have been in contact with the winner, I will announce the winner and pass on their details to the sponsors who will send out the prize.
- I can’t take responsibility for any issues in the delivery process.