Last week I wrote about my Checklist of things I do before I post a blog post. Today I’m going to share things I try to do after my post is live on my blog.
Update: I now do some of these things using Coschedule. This tool appears in the backend of my blog and let’s me schedule out shares to Facebook, Twitter and Google+ not just when the post goes live, but later on as well. I’ve found that it really helped increase my visitors and help them find older posts. Check it out here.
After I Post Checklist
- Twitter – I share using the sharing buttons on my blog post
- Facebook – to my Facebook Page and I also hit my “Like” button which shows up on my personal feed
- Google+ – I hit the G+ button plus I share the post with an image and hashtags to my Google+ feed
- Pinterest – often this is the number one source of traffic
- StumbleUpon – I usually only share some posts this way
- Instagram – Sometimes I will take a screenshot on my phone of a post and share it
- Showcase sites eg Craftgawker, CraftGossip, etc I have created a Showcase Site list for you.
- Read it again for errors I might have missed and edit if I find any
- Leave a comment on blogs of posts I have mentioned in my post letting them know
- Check whether I need to link to my new post from any of my older posts
- Monitor comments and answer them
Not as long a list as my first checklist, but still important. There’s no point in writing a fabulous post if no-one reads it!
How about you? Are there things you would add to this list?
Thanks, Jill. There’s pros and cons in having the posts to Twitter automated but I find I just don’t have time to do it all manually and twitter is the one I often forget.