After making my crochet heart garland before Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d have a go at a crochet flower garland. There are lots of free flower patterns around the Blogosphere so I started with one I found at Sarahndipities. But after starting, I kind of went off at a tangent.
So here’s the instructions for what I actually did:
1. Chain 4, then slipstitch into the first stitch to make a ring
2. Into that ring, work 9 single crochet (SC), then slipstitch into the first SC
3. Chain 3, 2 treble crochet into the first SC, slipstitch into the next SC.
4. Next petal: 3 treble crochet into the next SC, slipstitch into the next SC
5. Repeat Step 4 until you have 5 petals
6. Chain 25
7. Count back 4 stitches and slipstitch into that crochet to form a ring. This is the start of your next flower so go from Step 2 to create the next flower.
Keep going until you have as many flowers in your garland as you want!
A little note: I’ve never written crochet instructions before so please let me know if they don’t make sense.