If you don’t follow The Crafty Mummy on social media, then you may not have realised that I went to Melbourne last weekend for the 2012 ProBlogger Training Event. This is an annual event for bloggers to learn more about blogging and build relationships with other bloggers. There were two days worth of training sessions and I came home overwhelmed!
I know many of my crafty readers are switching off right now thinking they really are not that interested in blogging… So if you’d rather read about crafting, click a picture for something from my Archives:
Back to the PB Event
For me, although the sessions were full of great information, I learnt some priceless gems from the conversation I had with other bloggers. I talked to Cintia from My Poppet about her ebooks, and Cath from LeafJournals about her journals and how she is selling them. I talked to Jess from Epheriell Designs about her online stores and the programs she uses to run them, and I got some really practical information from the lovely Nikki from Styling You about how she juggles her family with her blogging opportunities.
In the entire two days of sessions, I wrote down about 6 points on my phone of things that I really need to do:
- 15 minutes a day…
- Fix NoFollow links
- Add a page with examples of writing I can do for others
- Add Affiliate links in my emails
- Add auto responder email leading to Archives
- Facebook idea: In one word, how would you describe…
But part of my reason for writing so few notes was the knowledge that I can listen to all the sessions and read all the slides again here at home. There is a Virtual Ticket to the entire Event available to everyone – even those who didn’t go to Melbourne. You can hear the speakers, read their slides and listen to the questions as well. Hours worth of training for much less than what it cost me for my ticket, flights and accommodation. (By the way, did I mention how lovely my hotel was? It was lovely, and very convenient. I stayed at the Alto Hotel in Bourke St. Favourite part: breakfast in front of the fireplace)
Back to the Virtual Ticket thing…
If you want to learn heaps, buy yourself a Virtual Ticket. It is worth the money. I know that I will be listening to the sessions more than once and using them to guide some new projects in my blogging journey.
Bonus: If you buy your ticket via my Affiliate link, I’d be more than happy to chat with you about all that you listen to via email, Facebook or twitter. So click here to see the Virtual Ticket info.
Some more random stuff:
- Lori from RRSAHM (you’ll have to click to see what that stands for!) was so sweet as we walked back to the hotel one day
- Carly from Smaggle tapped me on the shoulder to take a photo of my iPhone case stitching and shared it on Instagram – oh, look! It’s still there in her sidebar!
- Chris Guillebeau and Shayne Tilley walk really fast! (to dinner on Saturday night at Maha)
- Chantelle from FatMumSlim looks way too young to be a mum – just saying!
- Natalie from Mummy Smiles and I had the same dress but in different colours – we must both have great taste!
Was it a big deal to go to Melbourne and have four days away from my family? Yes. Was it worth it? Absolutely! I’m already waiting for next year’s…