Another Christmas angel from our tree!
This ornament was made a few years ago at a MOPS morning. MOPS is Mother’s of Pre-Schoolers, a group for mums to meet and make friends while their children are offered a program of fun. This was one of the crafts that we made one morning.
It uses a couple of pieces of wide wired ribbon – one folded in half for the body and another folded for the wings, a large wooden bead and some “hair”. Another easy but pretty craft.
What You Need
- Large Wooden Bead
- Bead Ball String
- Wide Wired Ribbon (white& gold)
- Wide Chiffon Ribbon (gold)
- Doll hair
- Flat gems
Quick How To
- Hanger and Head: Use a 25cm piece of ribbon or beaded string for the hanger. Fold in half and thread through the bead top so the ends stick out the bottom.
- The Body: Fold a piece of wire edge ribbon about 15cm long and 5cm wide in half for the body.
- Squeeze the ends together and push them into the bead hole, keeping the ends of the hanger still hanging. Add some glue to hold them there.
- The Wings: Take another piece of ribbon – about 15cm long and 5cm wide but not wired. I used chiffon ribbon.
- Fold the ends to the middle and stitch a couple of stitches to keep them in place.
- Glue this to the back of the body and add a flat bead or gem to cover the stitching.
- Glue the hair on and you’re finished.
Find more Christmas Crafts